Go abroad during TY
Are you coming to the end of your Junior Certificate and looking at how best to spend you TY? Spending some time studying abroad is an increasingly popular option amongst Irish TY students looking to improve their foreign language skills ahead of their Leaving Certificate. Stein Study have developed a range of popular study abroad programmes with destinations in Germany, Spain and France. You can fully immerse yourself in a foreign academic environment with our TY Secondary School abroad programme or you can take a short TY intensive course.
Benefits of the Secondary School abroad programme
- The opportunity to stay for up to 1 whole academic year Our TY Secondary School programmes allow students to study abroad for anything from 6 weeks up to 1 whole academic year. Each of our courses include 2 weeks intensive language study at our affiliated language schools in your chosen destination, followed by 4 weeks to 1 academic year at a carefully chosen secondary school. Studying with local students and taking their mainstream classes in their domestic language means that our students are fully immersed in the local culture. This benefits them in many ways: they will meet new friends, learn new subjects and above all vastly improve their language skills as they will be hearing and speaking the language all day at school both in class and socially. Studying abroad at a foreign secondary school for up to a full academic year will give you a taste of independence and responsibility. Although all our programmes are fully supervised, you will
- Full immersion into local culture
- Independence and freedom to experience new things Studying abroad at a foreign secondary school for up to a full academic year will give you a taste of independence and responsibility. Although all our programmes are fully supervised, you will need to be independent at times, use your initiative and will also have the freedom to meet new people and experience new things that you wouldn’t necessarily be able to do back home in Ireland.
Click here now to read about the Stein Study Secondary School abroad programmes we offer in Rouen, Loches and La Rochelle, France and in Cadiz and Seville, Spain.
If you are looking for a more short term TY study abroad option then we also offer Intensive TY courses that also offer many benefits.
Benefits of a TY Intensive course
The intensity of these courses ensures a fast track way of learning. With 30 language classes per week for 2 to 12 weeks, you are sure to return home with impressive language skills ready to apply in your Leaving Cert studies.
Our short term intensive courses are ideal for students looking for a TY study abroad option for the summer. You can combine the experience of a summer holiday with studying as all our courses allow plenty of free time and exciting excursions in the afternoons and at weekends. Choose to go alone or with friends.
- 30 language classes per week
- Combine with a summer holiday with friends
Click here for further details about Stein Study’s TY Intensive courses on offer in La Rochelle, France, Cadiz, Spain and Lindenberg and Bad Schussenried, Germany.